#SNARKTEMBER 2nd with @Rebekah-WeatherspoonAuthor #GIVEAWAY @RdotSpoon
So y’all know that today is WORLD BEARD DAY, right? I’m sure the characters in Rebekah Weatherspoon’s “Beards & Bondage” series are celebrating!!
– In southern Spain, many townships gather to witness a boxing match between a bearded man and a beardless boy. The bearded man, normally armed with a sharp pike, is typically the victor.
– In the Swedish village of Dönskborg, anyone without a beard is banished from the town and forced to spend twenty-four hours in a nearby forest. Back in the town, the hirsute burn effigies of their clean-chinned loved ones.
– The exact origins of World Beard Day are unknown, but there is some evidence to suggest that Danish Vikings had a special day dedicated to the glorification of beards as far back as 800 AD. The event was not held on a fixed date, and was often celebrated hundreds of times each year. This early incarnation of what would one day become World Beard Day typically involved the ransacking of neighbouring towns, villages and countries by large groups of heavily-armed bearded men.
– Throughout the world, bearded communities are encouraged to acknowledge this sacred day by organising and staging their own public or private World Beard Day celebrations. These can consist of anything from a relaxing family lunch to a lavish, tax payer-funded street parade.
– Shaving on World Beard Day is universally considered to be highly disrespectful.
Another way to celebrate World Beard Day? Celebrate some hairy-ness with the guys in the “Bondage and Beards” series and all their dogs!!
After years of meddling in her friends’ love lives, Rebekah Weatherspoon turned to writing romance to get her fix. She’s worked in various positions from library assistant, meter maid, middle school teacher, B movie production assistant, reality show crew chauffeur, D movie producer, and her most fulfilling job to date, lube and harness specialist at an erotic boutique in West Hollywood.
Her interests include Wonder Woman collectibles, cookies, cheesy pop music, football, American muscle cars, large breed dogs, PBS documentaries, cartoons, naps, and the ocean. If given the chance, she will cheat at UNO. She was raised in Southern New Hampshire, Rebekah Weatherspoon now lives in Southern California where she will remain for every because she hates moving.
Her BDSM romance At Her Feet won the Golden Crown Literary Award for erotic lesbian fiction. Her novella FIT (#1 in the FIT Trilogy) won the Romantic Times Book Reviews Reviewers’ Choice Award for Best Erotica Novella and most recently SATED (#3 in the FIT Trilogy) was nominated for the the Romantic Times Book Reviews Reviewers’ Choice Award for Best Digital Erotic Romance.
FOR A CHANCE TO WIN A COPY OF BOTH “Beards & Bondage” SERIES BOOKS FROM REBEKAH, COMMENT BELOW!! She’s picking TWO winners!!
** Who is YOUR favorite bearded guy??**
[Personally, SnarkyMom is digging The Rock’s new sprinkled grey look! Oh, and The Man. Of course, The Man. Can’t forget about him after 26 years of marriage, right?]
And make sure to remember to enter the GRAND PRIZE GIVEAWAY!